Guilford Green Postcard

20502800069.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Guilford Green Postcard

Description

Postcard of the Guilford Green, 1913. The lamp on the Green could be gas or electric. The first electric street lights were in 1898. Electricity was available on a 24-hour basis beginning about 1910. Telephone service began in 1882 but was discontinued due to too few subscribers. A central office opened in Guilford in 1896 with 10 subscribers.

Subject

Guilford Green (Guilford, Conn.)
Guilford, (Conn.) -- Parks
Postcards -- Connecticut

Source

Edith B. Nettleton Historical Room Collection

Publisher

Guilford Free Library

Date

1913

Identifier

Call Number: 4ii

Rights

Digital image © Guilford Free Library. All rights reserved. Image may be used for personal research or educational uses without prior permission. For requests or exhibits, see Guilford Free Library.

Format

.JPG

Citation

“Guilford Green Postcard
,” Guilford Free Library Archives, accessed September 18, 2020, http://www.nomeka.gflarchives.org/items/show/19.