Sachem’s Head Canning Co., 23 Water Street

Sachem's Head Canning Co. 23 Water Street504_edited.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Sachem’s Head Canning Co., 23 Water Street

Description

This image is from a postcard photo by O. B. Husted.
Incorporated in 1881, the Sachem's Head Canning Co. was owned by Fred H. Rolf and canned tomatoes and pumpkins at a capacity of 20,000 cans per day. In midseason, the company employed more than 100 people. Fred H. Rolf entered the coal business in 1905.

Creator

Photo by O. B. Husted

Source

Edith B. Nettleton Historical Room Collection

Publisher

Guilford Free Library

Identifier

Call Number: 43f

Rights

Digital image © Guilford Free Library. All rights reserved. Image may be used for personal research or educational uses without prior permission. For requests or exhibits, see Guilford Free Library.

Citation

Photo by O. B. Husted, “Sachem’s Head Canning Co., 23 Water Street,” Guilford Free Library Archives, accessed September 18, 2020, http://www.nomeka.gflarchives.org/items/show/74.